Similar to massage, these tasty treats will make you feel good but unlike massage these are an indulgence, not a necessity. In line with all of the cooking I do, I recommend going as organic as you can with these.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter (I melt and cool = easier)
1 cup fresh blackberries
3/4 cup half and half cream
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Add butter into mixture of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add blackberries and toss to mix
3) In separate bowl beat together cream and egg, and slowly pour into dry ingredients stirring with rubber scraper until dough forms. Knead just until it comes together, 3 or 4 times. Don’t overhandle.
4) Divide dough in half. On lightly floured board, shape each half into a 6-inch round. Cut into 6 wedges.
5) I like to sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top
6) Bake on ungreased sheet about 20 minutes at 375 degrees (convection oven: 16-17 min).