maia ignatz, ba, lmt, bctmb, cct & foundation training instructor
Appointments available M, Tu, Th, F, and Sat.
It is my goal to provide the very best bodywork for every client, every time they see me. I specialize in customizing each massage session to meet the individual’s needs. I help athletes from the beginner to professional level avoid injury and get out of pain fast. I help my clients remain injury free and maximize their health and performance potential through customized Massage Therapy and Bodywork, Foundation Training, and Education.
I am passionate about health, and I absolutely love what I do as a Massage Therapist and Foundation Training instructor.
- Licensed Massage Therapist and graduate, with Honors, from the Boulder College of Massage Therapy (BCMT) 1000-Hr program
- Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (BCTMB)
- Member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Foundation Training Instructor – participated in the 1st ever FT Certification in Dec 2012
- Certified Cupping Therapist
- Usui Reiki Master Teacher
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Kinesiology/Integrative Physiology from the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Work experience includes assisting in sport and spine physical therapy
I am a Professional Athlete, experienced with training for and racing XTERRA, off-road triathlon. I have also raced various 5K through marathon distance running races and mountain bike races, allowing me to relate on an experiential level to athletes of all abilities. I enjoy swimming, road and mountain biking, running, hiking, and yoga. I love to get outside, move, and breathe.
Massage Therapy and Foundation Training are integral parts in reaching my goal to live a healthy lifestyle and attain my highest level of well-being. Massage Therapy and Foundation Training allow me to achieve my personal goals as a professional athlete by helping me – body and mind – to prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts and races.
It is my goal to meet each individual client’s massage therapy and bodywork needs, from ultimate relaxation to treatment and performance oriented massage, and educate clients, so that they may be self-empowered to participate in their personal wellness. I work with a keen intuitive sense and deliver a nurturing massage that meets the needs of each client using, but not limited to the following massage therapy and bodywork techniques: Deep Tissue, Myofascial Techniques, Trigger Point Therapy, Contemporary Cupping Methods, Neuromuscular, Orthopedic, Sports, TMJD (temporomandibular joint dysfunction) specific massage, Swedish massage, and Reiki.
Your referrals are one of the greatest compliments and are tremendously appreciated, thank you!
See what Massage Boulder’s Super Fans have to say.
Move Well. Live Well. Be Well.