maia ignatz, ba, lmt, cct
Communicative – Respectful – Attentive
I am passionate about connection and health, and I love what I have the honor and opportunity to facilitate as a bodyworker. I strive to offer the best bodywork every time you work with me and I specialize in customizing every session to meet your individual needs. Through regular, effective and customized massage therapy, bodywork, and education, I can support you in improving, maximizing, and maintaining your health and performance potential. Let us work together, walk this path to cultivate mental, emotional, and physical wellness – support your biopsychosocial/heartbodymind system!
“Connecting with the human in front of us is never out of our scope of practice: it is the heart of our practice.” James Stark
- Owner and sole provider at Massage Boulder with over 14 years of experience as a full-time, Licensed Massage Therapist and Bodyworker, and over 425 hours of continuing education credit
- Licensed Massage Therapist and graduate, with Honors, from the Boulder College of Massage Therapy (BCMT) 1000-Hr program
- Insured Member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Polyvagal-Informed: Polyvagal Certificate Program – Polyvagal Institute (PVI)
- Certified Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) Provider – Unyte SSP Certificate Program
- Beyond Pain Education with Dr. Howard Schubiner, MD and Charlie Merrill, MSPT
- Foundation Training Instructor
- Certified Contemporary Cupping Therapist (CCT)
- Ashiatsu Therapist – DeepFeet Bar Therapy
- CranioSacral Therapist – Upledger Institute
- Usui Reiki Level III/Healing Friend
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Kinesiology/Integrative Physiology from the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Work experience includes assisting in sport and spine physical therapy
It is my honor to meet your individual massage therapy and bodywork needs, from ultimate relaxation and healing to treatment and performance oriented bodywork. I offer education so that you can be empowered to participate in your personal wellness. I work with a keen intuitive sense and deliver effective, nurturing bodywork that meets your needs, but not limited to the following polyvagal-informed practice, massage therapy and bodywork techniques: Polyvagal-Informed Practice, Ashiatsu / DeepFeet Bar Therapy, CranioSacral Therapy, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Techniques, Trigger Point Therapy, Contemporary Cupping Methods, Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM), Neuromuscular, Orthopedic, Sports, TMJD (temporomandibular joint dysfunction) specific massage, Swedish massage, and Reiki.
Massage therapy and bodywork are integral parts in reaching my goal to live a healthy lifestyle and attain my highest level of well-being. Massage therapy and bodywork allow me to achieve and maintain optimal wellbeing by helping me – heartbodymind – prepare for, and recover from, everyday life and strenuous activities.
For four years I competed as a Professional Athlete, training for and racing XTERRA off-road triathlon. I have also raced various 5K through marathon distance running races and mountain bike races, allowing me to relate on an experiential level to athletes of all abilities. I currently enjoy mountain biking, running, strength training, hiking, yoga, and meditation. I love to get outside, move, and breathe.
Your referrals are the greatest compliments and are tremendously appreciated, thank you!
See what Massage Boulder’s Super Fans have to say.
Let us work together to support our mental, emotional, and physical health. Be Well.