maia ignatz, ba, lmt, bctmb, cct & foundation training instructor
Appointments available M, Tu, Th, F, and Sat.
It is my goal to provide the very best bodywork for every person, every time they work with me. I specialize in customizing each bodywork session to meet the needs of each individual. Through customized massage therapy, bodywork, and education, I can help you remain injury free and maximize your health and performance potential.
I am passionate about health, and I love what I do as a Bodyworker.
- Licensed Massage Therapist and graduate, with Honors, from the Boulder College of Massage Therapy (BCMT) 1000-Hr program
- Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (BCTMB)
- Insured Member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Foundation Training Instructor – participated in the 1st ever FT Certification in Dec 2012
- Certified Cupping Therapist
- CrainioSacral Therapist
- Usui Reiki Master Teacher
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Kinesiology/Integrative Physiology from the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Work experience includes assisting in sport and spine physical therapy
It is my goal to meet each individual person’s massage therapy and bodywork needs, from ultimate relaxation and healing to treatment and performance oriented massage, and educate people, so that they can empowered to participate in their personal wellness. I work with a keen intuitive sense and deliver the nurturing bodywork that meets the needs of each person using, but not limited to the following massage therapy and bodywork techniques: CrainioSacral Therapy, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Techniques, Trigger Point Therapy, Contemporary Cupping Methods, Neuromuscular, Orthopedic, Sports, TMJD (temporomandibular joint dysfunction) specific massage, Swedish massage, and Reiki.
Massage therapy and foundation training are integral parts in reaching my goal to live a healthy lifestyle and attain my highest level of well-being. Massage therapy and foundation Training allow me to achieve my personal goals as a professional athlete by helping me – body and mind – to prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts and races.
I am a Professional Athlete, experienced with training for and racing XTERRA, off-road triathlon. I have also raced various 5K through marathon distance running races and mountain bike races, allowing me to relate on an experiential level to athletes of all abilities. I enjoy swimming, road and mountain biking, running, hiking, and yoga. I love to get outside, move, and breathe.
Your referrals are one of the greatest compliments and are tremendously appreciated, thank you!
See what Massage Boulder’s Super Fans have to say.
Move Well. Live Well. Be Well.