Maia is a Certified Usui Reiki Master Teacher
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. Simply put, Reiki is a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the healing partner (you) by means of touch or hovering hands, to activate the natural healing processes of the person’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
Reiki is based on the Asian concept of life energy and it is administered by “laying on hands” or applied “hands off”. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
Reiki treatment feels like energy, or glowing radiance, that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person, body, mind, emotions, and spirit. Reiki can create many beneficial effects, including relaxation and feelings of peace, security and well being. Many have reported miraculous, healing results.
Reiki can be added to any massage service (please book as a massage).
Benefits of Reiki:
- stress reduction
- balances and harmonizes the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual bodies
- compliments western medicine and other natural, holistic therapies, and healing
- allows for self-healing and personal growth
- improves personal effectiveness
- balances and aligns all the Chakras
- powerful healing before and after surgery: calms and speeds up rate of recovery
- helps you discover what your gifts and true calling are
- heightens your connection with your ‘higher-self’
Disclaimer: Any and all information contained on this website is purely for informational purposes only, and is not to be interpreted as medical advice.